Tuesday, July 3, 2007

FAQ

1. What is Purple Scribbling?

Ver 1: It is a long overdue project of a scribbler who once lost her way in the woods. Finding her way out and the pen she buried six feet below, she decides to wield the mighty pen for her sake and sanity.

Ver 2: It is an on-line journal on love and life and a concrete manisfestation of Purple Ink's love for writing.

2. Who is Purple Ink?

Purple Ink is a she.
She also assumes the a.k.a. Purple Scribe.
Obviously she loves the color purple,
which bears the balance between fiery-red and blue-calm.

She is mother to 2 beautiful children and wife to a "techie" husband.

She is a development worker by heart and experience.

She considers “women and children in development” as her personal advocacy.
She loves dark chocolate, hot chocolate, cold chocolate and all stuff that has
chocolate on it.
She collects books authored by "select" Latin American and Filipino writers.
She hails Kahlil Gibran and Pablo Neruda as masters of the writing craft.
She is never the sporty-type
(to justify her sedentary lifestyle and blog addiction.)
She has been fixated with the written word since a child and it took her tons of guts
to put up Purple Scribbling.

3. How long is Purple Ink mainstreamed into the blogosphere ?

More than a year already. 1 year and 1 month as of June 2007

4. What’s the point of a blog?

“I started a journal when I was 10. I patiently wrote my impressions of daily life long- hand. I kept it for the dust and moth to consume until my father discovered it and took the liberty of editing it without my permission. Well aside from the invasion of privacy, the red marks left an ugly scar on a kid’s ego. To my utter disgust and rage, I threw my journal in the backyard pit and hid my pen in the backburner. Slowly but surely, the written word would haunt me until WebLog came and disrobed me of my insecurities.

This is the free world wide web where I live, I ponder and I scribble.

My ink’s color is purple by the way.”

No comments: